School District Meal Distribution:
Meal distribution sites are open to all families. Sites have been strategically located throughout the district to ensure all families have access. For a complete list of schools, please visit our “Grab and Go” Resource List
Join the relief effort & volunteer with us today!
To help us deliver food and essentials to the elderly/those in quarantine due to compromised immune systems, sign up here!
Houston Muslims Support Services For The High Risk
Please share the information of anyone at high risk (the elderly, those with compromised immune systems, women that are pregnant, etc.) needing food or assistance in the Greater Houston area during the Covid-19 crisis. Sign them up here.
What Can I Do to Keep Myself and My Family Healthy?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
Is It Safe to Receive a Package From Areas With Confirmed Cases of COVID-19?
Yes, it’s safe to receive packages from at-risk countries. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is extremely low. The risk of catching the virus from a package that has been moved, traveled and exposed to different conditions and temperatures is also extremely low.
How Severe Is COVID-19?
While the complete clinical picture of this virus is still unclear, symptoms of COVID-19 can range from mild to severe. Similar to infection with other respiratory viruses, elderly individuals and individuals with existing medical conditions, including pulmonary disease, may be at higher risk of developing more serious illness.
How Is COVID-19 Treated?
There is no specific antiviral medication for COVID-19, and antibiotics are never effective against viral infection. It’s recommended that you stay isolated at home while sick and ask family members or friends to pick up any over-the-counter medications you may need. More serious cases of COVID-19 may need to be treated in the hospital. If you’re experiencing severe symptoms, we recommend going directly to an emergency room. However, infected individuals can relieve symptoms, via
- Pain relievers and fever reducers
- Cough medications
Can I travel?
Please visit the CDC’s page on information to travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html